Effective Date: March 01, 2021
Lifelab Ventures LLC. (“LifeLab“, “we“, “our” or “us“) develops and sells personal care products for men, created with natural ingredients (the “Products”)
Our Products are sold on our website (the “Site”), available at www.andbetter.co (the “Services”).
- Data Collection
- Data Uses
- Data Location and Retention
- Data Sharing
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Data Security
- Data Subject Rights
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Controller/Processor
- Additional Notices
You are not legally required to provide us with any Personal Data (defined below), but without it we will not be able to provide you with the full range of Services or with the best user experience when using our Services.
We collect Personal Data regarding our Customers as well as data regarding Visitors to our Site. Such data is typically collected and generated through the Visitor’s or Customer’s interaction with our Services, through automatic means, directly from such Visitor or Customer, or other third parties.
Specifically, we collect the following categories of data (which, to the extent it relates to an identified or identifiable individual, is deemed data, will be deemed as “Personal Data“):
- Data automatically collected or generated: When you visit, interact with or use our Services, we may collect or generate certain technical data about you. We collect or generate such data either independently or with the help of third party services (as detailed in Section 4 below), including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies (as further detailed in Section 5 below).
Such data mainly consists of connectivity, technical and aggregated usage data, such as IP addresses, non-identifying data regarding a device (such as type, screen resolution), operating system, browser version, locale and language settings used, visit history, search keywords, page view history, activities and actions on the website, general Customer location (city, country), date and time stamp, the cookies and pixels installed on a device, and the activity (clicks and other interactions) of Visitors and Customer in connection with our Services. Such data does not enable us to learn a person’s true identity or contact details. We mainly use this data to gain a better understanding on how Visitors and Customer typically use and interact with our Services; how we could improve their user experience; to optimize our Products; and to optimize the overall performance of our Services.
- Data received from you:You may provide us with Personal Data such as your e-mail address, when you sign-up for our newsletter or contact us through our Website. Upon placing an order, our Customers may provide us Personal Data such as their first and last name, address and e-mail, mobile phone number, billing and shipping details, as well as any other data you choose to provide when you use our Services or contact us.
- Data received from third parties: we may receive your Personal Data from other sources. For example, if you participate in an event, conference, or webinar that we sponsor or participate in, we may receive your Personal Data from the event organizers; or if you follow or engage with us on social media, we may receive your basic profile information from the platform operator. We may also receive your contact details (e.g., your name, contact details, preferences, and interests) from our business partners or services providers, and through the use of tools and channels commonly used for connecting brands with individuals, such as Instagram and Facebook.
We use Personal Data as necessary for the performance of our Services; to comply with applicable law; and to support our legitimate interests in maintaining and improving our Services and Products offerings, understanding how our Services are used, optimizing our marketing and advertising services, customer service and support operations, and protecting and securing our Customers, ourselves, and our Services.
Specifically, we use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate, operate, and provide our Services;
- To authenticate the identity and eligibility of our Customers;
- To provide our Visitors, Customers with assistance and support;
- To further develop, customize and improve our Products and Services, and your user experience, based on common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
- To manage and deliver advertisements more effectively, based on your preferences or other data available to us or to our business partners, including for re-targeting purposes;
- To contact our Customers (via e-mail, social media or any other available channels) in accordance with Section 6 below;
- To support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- To create aggregated statistical data, inferred non-personal data or anonymized or pseudonymized data (rendered non-personal), which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services; and
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
DATA LOCATION & RETENTION
Data Location: Your Personal Data may be maintained, processed and stored by our authorized affiliates and Service Providers (defined below) in North America, the EU and other jurisdictions, as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services, or as may be required by law.
LifeLab is headquartered in U.S.A, a jurisdiction which is considered by the European Commission to be offering an adequate level of protection for the Personal Data of EU Member State residents.
Data retention: We retain our Visitors’ and Customers’ Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary in order to maintain and expand our relationship, manage orders, and to provide them with our Services.
We will also retain your Personal Data for as long as is required in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes (i.e. as required by laws applicable to log-keeping, records and bookkeeping, and in order to have proof and evidence concerning our relationship, should any legal issues arise), in accordance with our data retention policy.
Please note that except as required by applicable law, we will not be obligated to retain your Personal Data for any particular period, and we are free to securely delete it for any reason and at any time, with or without notice to you. If you have any questions about our data retention policy, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Compliance: We may disclose or allow government and law enforcement officials access to your Personal Data, in response to a subpoena, search warrant or court order (or similar requirement), or in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Such disclosure or access may occur if we believe in good faith that we are legally compelled to do so, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
Service Providers: We engage selected Third Party companies and individuals to perform services complementary to our own (e.g. hosting services, data analytics services, marketing and advertising services, data and cyber security services, payment processing services, Customer engagement services, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, and our business, legal and financial advisors) (collectively, “Service Providers“). These Service Providers may have access to your Personal Data, depending on each of their specific roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services, and may only use it for such purposes.
Protecting Rights and Safety: We may share your Personal Data with others if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of LifeLab, any of our Visitors or Customers, or any members of the general public.
For the avoidance of doubt, LifeLab may share your Personal Data in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so, or if we have successfully rendered such data non-personal and anonymous. We may transfer, share or otherwise use non-personal data at our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Our Services and some of our Service Providers utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers and other tracking technologies which help us provide, secure and improve our Services, personalize your experience and monitor the performance of our activities and campaigns.
Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
While we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser, most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
If you wish to prevent the use of your mobile device's advertising ID, you may change your device settings to reset such advertising ID (typically, this is available under the "Privacy" or "Ads" section in your device settings). You may also change your browser settings to reset or block cookies (typically, this is available under the "Settings" or "Help" section in your browser menu).
A list of the cookies we use can be found here:
- _secure_session_id, Used in connection with navigation through a sorefront.
- cart, unique token, Used in connection with shopping cart. Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- cart_sig, Used in connection with checkout.
- cart_ts, Used in connection with checkout.
- checkout_token Used in connection with checkout.
- secret, Used in connection with checkout.
- secure_customer_sig, Used in connection with customer login.
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access
- _shopify_u, Used to facilitate updating customer account information.
- session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, counts the number of visits to a store by a single visitor.
- _tracking_consent , Tracking preferences.
- _landing_page , Track landing pages
- orig_referrer , Track landing pages
- _s Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_fs , Shopify analytics.
- shopify_s Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_sa_p , Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
- shopify_sa_t , Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
- shopify_y , Shopify analytics.
- _y , Shopify analytics.
Service Communications: We may contact you with important information regarding our Services. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Services, billing issues, service changes, etc. We may also send you general or personalized notifications, messages and other updates (such as order confirmations or system maintenance notices). You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such service communications while using our Services, as they are integral to such use.
Notifications and Promotional Communications: We may also contact you with promotional messages (such as newsletters, special offers and sales, new product announcements, etc.) or any other information we think our Customers will find valuable; and to facilitate, sponsor and offer certain events and promotions. We may provide such notices through any of the contact means available to us (e.g. phone or e-mail), through the Services, or through our marketing campaigns on any other sites.
If you do not wish to receive such promotional communications, you may notify LifeLab at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or by following the “unsubscribe”, “stop”, “opt-out” or “change e-mail preferences” instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
In order to protect your Personal Data held with us and our Service Providers, we are using industry-standard physical, procedural, and electronic security measures, including encryption as appropriate. However, please be aware that regardless of any security measures used, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any Personal Data stored with us or with any third parties as described in Section 4 above.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
If you wish to exercise your rights under any applicable law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to request access to, and rectification or erasure of your Personal Data held with LifeLab, or to restrict or object to such Personal Data’s processing, or to port such Personal Data – please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that once you contact us by e-mail, we may require additional information and documents, including certain Personal Data, in order to authenticate and validate your identity and to process your request. Such additional data will be then retained by us for legal purposes (e.g. as proof of the identity of the person submitting the request), in accordance with Section 3 above.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Services are not designed to attract children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children and do not wish to do so. If we learn that a person under the age of 16 is using the Services, we will prohibit and block such use and will make all efforts to promptly delete any Personal Data stored with us with regard to such child. If you believe that we might have any such data, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Certain data protection laws and regulations, such as the GDPR, typically distinguish between two main roles for parties processing Personal Data: the “Data Controller”, that determines the purposes and means of processing; and the “Data Processor”, that processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. Below we explain how these roles apply to our Services, to the extent that such laws and regulations apply.
Third parties we engage with, such as billing services, are processors of Personal Data. They will process such Customers’ data on our behalf and in accordance with our reasonable instructions, subject to our Terms of Service and other commercial agreements.